Tuesday, March 6, 2007

What will the next "call" be like


Hey there y'all. Other than having another snow storm since the last post, not much has been going on, which is the way we like it. That's not to say we wouldn't mind a fire here and there. It is always fun to write about a "good fire" or a trauma call that played out in text book style, but not every shift is like that. Yseterday's shift was no different. We had a couple of EMS runs with an occasional "box alarm" here and there. The more down time we have the greater the chance of getting into some kind of mischief (which is fun). There was one call that has stuck in my mind however, and it didn't involve anyone from the CFD. It was a call we hate to hear and count our blessings that we don't have to respond. While sittin' around the station shootin' the breeze with some of the guys from the on-coming shift (which is one of my favorite times of the day) a call went out to the Hooksett Fire (20 mins south of Concord) and the Tri-Town ambulance for a report of a 5 month old in cardiac arrest. I wish I could report to you that the child survived but I just don't know. It only took a few minutes for the EMS personnel to arrive and they wasted no time in transporting. I only write this post in hopes that as you read this you would take a moment and send a prayer out for the family and friends, as well as for the EMS responders. It takes a long time to recover from a call like this one, and for the family involved it will be a lifetime. Cherish every moment you have with your children, I know I will.
Just for fun I threw in a picture of my son Dj, who is now 16 months old. What a handsome fellow. Dj's pretty cute too. HA! HA! This picture was taken last summer at Yosemite Nat'l Park.


2 comments:

rcsnickers said...

Will definately lift them up in prayer! Oh how sad!

I agree you are a very handsome man and you have a cute little boy! :)

your sister and maybe a tad biased,
Letisha

Jason Thomas said...

Thanks for adding me to your link collection. I will get your site added to mine as well in the next week.

Be Safe.

www.hamptonsfire.blogspot.com