Thursday, December 4, 2008

BB's anyone?

We had a fairly interesting shift today. As a whole, I think each company had at least 3 or more runs. Some of them more interesting than others obviously. I think there were a few EMS runs, four FAA (fire alarm activations), two MVA's, one being a head-on, and another on the inter-state involving a tractor trailer and a house, and last but not least, a drive by shooting.

I wasn't there for the accident on the inter-state, but I was told that the house looked like mine. Apparently a semi was taking an exit ramp a little too fast and tipped over, dumping his load in the process. The load on the semi was a modular HOME. Or at least part of one. It wasn't mine though. My house is already on a foundation, and the wheels and axels have been removed. I am hoping to get a skirt for it someday, but they are just too doggone expensive right now.
The other accident was a head-on collision with one passenger sustaining a broken arm. One of the vehicles ADMITTEDLY ran a stop sign. Imagine, someone who actually owed up to their mistake. You have to admire her for that.
The drive-by shooting in the north end involved some members of two local gangs. While members of one gang were walking along the road, members from a rival gang drove by and shot one individual in the upper lip. The weapon of choice was a BB-GUN. HA! Like I said. Some runs were more interesting than the others. I'm just not quite sure where this one fits in.

No comments: